Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Saturday

After a short but hectic week, my darling girl and her wonderful daddy let me sleep in today.  I won't tell you what time I finally got out of bed, but suffice to say it was the latest I've slept in years.  

Book Fair's off to a GREAT start!  I'm coming home exhausted and sore from standing in one spot ringing for so long.  But we're bringing in money for our school & that's what counts.  Five more days and then we're done until January when we start the busy work for the Feb. mini-fair, which is good as Fall Festival is 6 weeks from now.  I need to get to work on my donation letters and emails home to the other parents in hopes of them helping out w/ donations an other FF stuff.  

So, I was a lazy bum most of the day---slept in, knitted, played Monopoly on my phone (the cheap properties w/ hotels on them will bankrupt your opponents and it's always a good idea to have at least 3 railroads) and went out for a decaf @ Starbuck's w/ the fam. in the evening.  I finished the ballband cloth in the picture and CO the round cloth while we were at Starbuck's.  I finished it a couple hours later & am thinking I need to make a few more with this pattern.  I found some illusion cloth patterns on Ravelry & am going to make some for my mom as she mentioned she needs more dishcloths when we were home in July.

A friend posted this as her FB status earlier:    The toughest part about tomorrow and FB? Refusing to "repost" and thereby being declared unAmerican. Refusing to make a stupid flag with letters from a keyboard and being deemed a terrorist. I like FB less and less every day.

I won't be reposting anything on FB or here tomorrow.  I'll remember where I was & what I experienced that day.  The fear, the profound sadness & the anxiety.  But I won't be watching any of the coverage.  My prayers go out to those who lost loved ones, those who were first responders & those who didn't survive.  It ends there.























No comments:

Post a Comment