Friday, September 2, 2011

Tough Decisions

I apologize in advance for the cryptic post but this is something I just have to get off my chest.  

Yesterday I found myself in a position that I never thought I'd be in and that I never wanted to be in.  One of those "it sucks to be a grown up" type deals.

I made one decision which resulted in the need for another one.  And it wasn't easy.  And many tears were shed.  And last night when I was talking with a friend about it, told her that on one hand I knew I had made the right decision, but on the other, I was still second guessing myself.  Like any decision, there are ramifications.  This one has YOOGE ramifications and I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the hiney.
 
A long talk with this friend as well as my mom convinced me that I HAD made the right call & while it was a hard thing to do, it was the right thing to do.  But that nagging feeling remained.  Even at bedtime.  

Friends have offered to pray for my family in regards to this decision & expressed their support, which made me feel better.  A little bit.  Knowing I have such a support system with them means the world to me.  

So, as I sit here this morning I feel slightly better about doing what I've been told is the "right thing".  But that nagging feeling is still there.  I'm hoping a diet coke and the errands that must get done this morning help drive it away.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know what position you were in, but I know without a doubt you did what you needed to do. Because that's what YOU do! I'm positive it was the "right thing" even if it doesn't feel like it.
    Remember that 'this too shall pass'..
    Hang in there! xoxox

    ReplyDelete