Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We do more before 9 am. . .

Remember the old Army commercials?  Where they bragged about doing more before 9 am than most people did all day?  I swear, that was me before 11 am today.  Here's the breakdown:

745:  Arrived at school.  Walked Sunshine to her classroom, chatted w/ her teacher for a couple minutes, got to the library, chatted w/ super fabulous Kristine & Mrs. B (equally fabulous because she's from Montreal).  Brought teacher wish lists & sign up sheets/schedules to the teachers lounge.  Distributed & hung the former & the latter.  Stopped by the guidance counselor's office to discuss Book Fair volunteers coming from one of our Partners in Education.  Went back to the library, chatted a bit more & declared myself "off" for the rest of the day.  Yeah, right.

8:25:  As I'm leaving school I remember it's the 6th & the 6th is Pumpkin Spice Latte Day at Starbucks!!  I LIVE for this day every year!  The best part?  I went up another star level & had a free drink coupon!  BONUS!

8:35:  Arrive home & start watching last night's DVR'd Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  It's my free time & I'll do what I want.  I start checking email & FB---schedule volunteers for Book Fair & Sara Spano clothing bank.  Multiple emails are exchanged between myself, the PTA President & Room Mom Coordinator.  I make 3 phone calls---one to get my hair cut (tomorrow-check!), one to get Tinkerbell into the groomer (today--check!) & one for Sunshine to be seen for the wart on her foot that we've been treating at home w/ little success (2 weeks from now--check but boo on time we have to wait).  More emails are exchanged.  I finish watching the RHOBH.  And finish my PSL.  So.yum.

10:23:   Drop off Tinky, run next door to Target for new denim jacket for Sunshine as well as a Sharpie 10 pack for my Book Fair notebook (aka "THE Notebook") & Treasurer stuff.  I make a mad dash to the end of the shopping center to Michael's for a fur jacket for Sunshine's doll.  It's a Christmas gift so I get extra points for that.  

11:15:  Arrive home, add one more Book Fair volunteer, tell Hunter I'd love to have lunch with him, bring in the trash can & mail.

And now, at 12:23 I am off to lunch with my handsome hubby.

It's true---with a Diet Coke (630 am) & a Pumpkin Spice Latte, I can get anything done!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, with a Diet Coke, a PSL, and a pack of Sharpies, we can do it all!

    ReplyDelete