Friday, December 10, 2010

1 crazy week done

1more to go.

I'm nearly crafted out people. I think I have tacky glue in my ears. And if I see another box that says Oriental Trading Company, I may have to kick it on sheer principle.

Next week is AR Celebration Week & the last week of school before Christmas Break.

Monday I need to pick up popcorn for movie day

Tuesday I will be in Sunshine's class to help build gingerbread houses.

Weds: NOTHING! I don't have to be at school. Maybe this would be a good time to work on Christmas cards as I haven't had time to do them. Every year I buy cards after the holidays b/c they're on sale & oh so cute. The next year I find myself going "OMG, I need to SIGN these things!!!". Maybe there is something to ordering picture cards on snapfish/shutterfly.

Thurs: Face Painting for AR Week. Bake cupcakes for Sunshine's class party on Friday. I got smart & bought frosting w/ the decorating tip so I can bring them up to school & decorate them there. I need to pick up some sprinkles or something to add to the top. Or maybe crush up some starlight mints to decorate them with.

Friday: Hair Painting for AR Week & then Sunshine's party in the late morning.

Friday afternoon: collapse.

I managed to order 2 more presents online today & thankfully am done w/ Sunshine. I still need to buy & send presents to my family in VT. Luckily my nephews are teenagers & happy with cash/gift cards. My mom is playing the "don't buy me anything---I don't need anything" card. I know she doesn't "need" anything but she certainly deserves something.

I'm getting a super bad case of homesickness & am still having 2nd thoughts about not going to VT this year. Last year was hard as it was our first Christmas in our house, but also the first Christmas without my father. I wanted our family to wake up in our own beds, in our own house & not have to worry about packing up clothes, toys, presents, etc for a 22+ hr drive. But at the same time, I wanted to wake up in my own room, in my old house & eat the same Christmas dinner that I always have at my parents house. I made my Memere's meat stuffing for our dinner here, but it wasn't the same as I wasn't fighting with my brother over the leftovers. We had a green Christmas & really, I don't like green Christmases. I don't dream about a green Christmas & I certainly don't like looking out the window & not seeing snow falling as we open gifts. Darn it, I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know.

So, here I sit, homesick for my old home, but wanting to be in my new home, with our little family's traditions & not being tired from a long drive & worrying about bad weather while we drive. Not worrying about "how are we going to fit all this stuff in the trunk on the way back???" There is something to be said about a stress free holiday.

I'm looking forward to baking with Sunshine during Christmas Break---breads, cookies & chocolate dipped goodies. And finishing up our shopping together. And sleeping in late. In our own beds.

But if it snowed in Georgia?

I'd be the happiest girl, ever!

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you feel! We spent many a Christmas packing up the car, and driving hours to be home for Christmas. It's always wonderful being at home, but the getting there and getting back is stressful. We had to UPS our presents back one year because there wasn't enough room in the car!
    I will keep my fingers crossed for a white Christmas in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete