Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saying aaaaahhhhhh

After a long week & a dinner gone wrong (we went with a friend & her kids refusing to behave & began dragging Sunshine down with them), I received a phone call this morning from Kristine who claimed to have a knitting emergency. I discovered she was in dire need of a pattern as well as yarn to supplement her project. We found the pattern online & I started to search through my stash to see what I had that I could offer.

It turns out I have NO Noro Kureyon. I have a fair amount of Silk Garden & Cash Island that I purchased last summer @ North East Fiber Arts Ctr in VT. I've come to realize that I'm not going to use all of this yarn. Please, I'm never going to use all of my stash & have debated selling some of it.

I told Kristine that I'd be happy to give her the yarn for her project. Arrangements to meet up
were made & next thing I knew, I was sitting at Starbucks, Peppermint Mocha (RED CUP!) in hand, knitting in bag. She had yarn for her project, I had pepperminty goodness & a few hours of girl talk, knitting talk & just a nice relaxing afternoon. Just what I needed! Sunshine was bummed she didn't get to see Mrs. M (Kristine is the librarian at her school) but had a fun lunch with daddy & was happy to see me when she got home. We had a nice evening at home & now I'm thinking it would be a good thing to hop in bed.

Another opportunity for me to say aaaahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment