Saturday, December 18, 2010

Woo Hoo!

I made it through the last two weeks & *knock wood* appear no worse for wear!

I managed to get Miss Linda's scarf finished & have CO another one for Sunshine's Para pro. I managed to make a big batch of chocolate dipped pretzels & white chocolate/cranberry cookies for the other moms on the path. A few more glitterific ornaments were made as well. I also got 3 dozen chocolate cupcakes made on Thursday!

AR Celebration Week was a success---the kids were psyched for Treasure Chest, Face & Hair Painting were very popular & I have to admit, really fun. I'm not terribly artistic, but managed to rock out some Auburn & UGA logos as well as flowers & holiday stockings. The hair painting was a lot easier than I thought it would be & holy cow, do these kids LOVE it! I was talking to Kristine (our super cool librarian & a wonderful friend) about having the mid-year Cel. Week in January next year rather than December. The kids will have more time to accumulate points (they trade points earned by reading on the Celebration Week treats: Hair/Face painting, a special movie, hat day, etc) & we won't be so strung out busy.

Our class party was lots of fun & it's so nice to be on vacation! We're waiting to see if FIL's health will allow him to travel to see us for New Year's. Keep your fingers crossed!

This morning I had a wonderful wake up call from Kristine & went to knit with her at Starbucks. Complete with a Peppermint Mocha & Pumpkin bread. Yummy! This afternoon it's raining & damp so we're staying in & taking it easy.

Christmas is one week away so Sunshine & I will start our baking for our friends next week. I need to make 6 loaves of bread & a few batches of cookies. But first, some DVR'd tv & knitting!

1 comment: