Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'm actually a little afraid

December is usually an incredibly busy month---shopping, decorating, baking, running around to see friends/family.

Then you add in volunteer time. When Sunshine started Kindergarten last year, I volunteered to be the Room Mom, something I did this year as well. I also got roped into being the co-chair of our AR (Acc. Reader) Celebration Week, as well as the co-chair of book fairs. There are 4. Book fairs, that is.

We had a Room Mom meeting this past week to go over what's on the schedule until Christmas & it's just busy, busy, busy. Lots of crafts, lots of volunteering. Class party on the 17th. I still need to run out to buy a long sleeve t shirt for a craft on Weds, some future shine wax for an ornament craft on Tuesday (thanks AM for the idea!)& then cupcakes for the 17th. Normally I'd make them, but out of the next 10 school days, there are 2 days I won't be there. I wonder if Sunshine would share her lunch card with me so I don't have to rush out to grab something to eat between commitments?

Today we went to see the Columbus Ballet perform an abbreviated version of The Nutcracker at the library. I think she was in awe of Clara & the Sugar Plum fairy. Especially Clara since she wasn't much older than Sunshine. Having danced in The Nutcracker millions of years ago (1980), I love the story as much as the music. Sunshine has my costume--yes, I saved all of my dance costumes from 1976 until 1989 & while it's way too big for her, loves to put it on & pretend to be a ballerina.

I have a project on the needles right now (Rickenbacker Scarf) for the crossing guard at "the path" & I'm hoping to get it finished before the 17th. She's one of my FB friends so I could always arrange to meet up with her during Christmas break, but I don't want an unfinished gift hanging over my head.

Off to do our AR reading for the night. Have a great week if I don't make it back!

4 comments:

  1. I think I completely missed the musical production of How the Grinch Stole Christmas that came thru Dallas recently. I am currently kicking self.

    Also you're such a good mommy. I can totally sell some info and ruin that completely ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, I have video of you & AM in ATL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I'm your little DOODLEBUG! Yer little 'tater fett!

    ReplyDelete